Race Start Time and Location
Saturday, April 3, 2021
Start Time: 8:00 AM
Start Location: 196 Main Street, Lynchburg, TN 37352
The start location for the race will be just off the downtown Lynchburg square.
- The course will close at noon.
- You must be 12 years of age or older to enter the race
- The race will be limited to the first 1550 registered participants.
Entry Fee Includes
- Race Registration
- A beautiful race course staffed by lots of volunteers
- Unique finishers medals
- Custom race shirt
- Post race food and finish line festival
- Race Finishers items, in the past, have included running hats and running socks. We plan to do similar quality finisher items this year as well. The exact items have not yet been determined.
Registration for 2021 Oak Barrel Half Marathon will open Sunday, November 15th, 2019 at 6:00AM (central).
Packet Pick up
- Friday, April 2, 2021 Noon – 7PM — Wiseman Park (behind the town square in Lynchburg, where you will be parking for the race)
- Saturday, April 3. 2021 6AM – 7:50AM — Wiseman Park (behind the town square in Lynchburg, where you will be parking for the race)
We will be chip timing the race using the disposable timing chips attached to the race bibs.
Awards will be presented to top three overall male and female and top three masters (40+) male and female. Age group awards will be presented to top three male and female in the following age groups 12-20, 21-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-“49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+.
Parking on race morning will be in Wiseman Park. This is also the location of packet pickup. Parking in Wiseman park is very limited – we encourage you to car pool if at all possible. You can find a map that shows and the path that you will be directed along on race morning here
Typical weather for Lynchburg, Tennessee in April is:
- Average Temperature: 59 degrees
- Average Low Temperature: 47 degrees
- Average High Temperature: 71 degrees
- Average Rainfall: 4.8 inches
The race will take place regardless of heat, cold, or rain. If it is lightning, we reserve the right to delay the start of the race.