Registration for the 2019 Oak Barrel Half Marathon sold out in just over 1 hour.
All of our charity slots are now full.
So the roster for the 2019 race is set.
For those of you interested in the 2020 race – nothing is firm but the traditions are:
- Race Date – a first Saturday of April. (April 4, 2020)
- Open Registration – Sunday of the weekend of the Jack Daniel’s Invitational BBQ which is traditionally the 4th Saturday of October. Also, traditionally very early in the morning. (October 27, 2019)
The reason for the limit participation level
- Lynchburg is a very small town with essentially one road in and out. So getting a big number of vehicles into town in the hour or two prior to the race is a challenge.
- Parking is incredibly limited in town
- So in order to make the race a pleasant experience for everyone we have to limit the size of the race.