What Happens IF?

If we have to change of date because of COVID-19 or similar circumstance

For the upcoming year if we have to change the date of the race because of COVID-19 or other similar circumstance – below is how we will proceed.

If we change the date of the race – you will have one of several options if you are already registered for the race.

  • You would be offered a refund of your registration fee (if you select this option
  • You would be allowed to convert your registration to a virtual registration (at not fee).
  • You would be allowed to select to run with us on the rescheduled date.

Much like 2020 – if the race were to be rescheduled – you will have a deadline to make that decision – probably on the order of 1 to 2 weeks to make that selection.

If you can not attend the regularly scheduled Oak Barrel – for whatever reason

You will have an option to convert your registration to a virtual registration.

The following fee schedule will be in effect for conversion to virtual. It will be an automated process that you will just fill out a form and pay the fee if there is one.

  • 10/15/2020 – 2/14/2021 – Free
  • 2/15/2021 – 2/28/2021 – $10
  • 3/1/2021 – 3/26/2021 – $15
  • 3/27/2021-4/3/2021 – $20

The Oak Barrel as a virtual race is one that you first run the event and submit your results. The race swag will be sent after the in-person race happens. Remember – we are focused on organizing the in-person event so the virtual will have to come afterward.

You ask why you would need to pay a fee for the virtual version. Those fees will cover your shipping. As we get closer to the race date we begin to incur expenses for you such as food that will have already been spent as we get closer to the race date.

If we have to cancel the race due to weather or some other natural disaster.

This is a situation that might happen within just a day or so of the race. Something like a tornado hitting the local area, or really bad storms coming through the area the morning of the race.

If we have storms that include lightning – we will make every attempt to safely hold the race by delaying the start of the run.

If we, in conjunction with our local authorities, believe that we can not safely hold the race and we have to cancel the event – you would be able to get your shirt and finisher items.

However there would not be any refunds of your race entry fees.