The registration for the 2024 Oak Barrel Half opened Sunday, October 29 at 6:00AM Central.
Regular registration for the 2024 Oak Barrel filled in just over 7 hours.
We have now opened our charity registration.
At this point there is still a way to secure a slot in this year's race. We hold back a few slots for our charity registrations.The way the charity slots work:
- The cost of the charity slots are $140
- Every penny of that entry fee goes to the charity
- The sign up for a charity slot can be found here: 2024 Charity Slot Sign Up
- Once you have gone through the sign up process you will receive an email with instructions on how to send in your check.
- The check will be made out to one of our 3 local charities.
- You will be mailing the check (snail mail address provided in the email you will receive after entering your data)
- The charity slots are also transferable. Regular registration is NOT transferable or refundable.
Moore County Resource Center - The mission for Moore County Resource Center is to provide low income families from Moore Count y and their children with the tools to begin a successful school year. A portion of that preparation for the successful school year is ensuring that each student has a backpack with all of the necessary school supplies, new shoes, toiletry items, and clothing. Moore Care also provides each student with access to medical, dental, and vision screening. The parents are given education on financial planning and stretching their food dollars.
Middle Tennessee Spay and Neuter Clinic - The goal of this nonprofit organization (which serves the middle Tennessee area) is to 1. help alleviate pet overpopulation by providing affordable spay/neuter services for dogs and cats belonging to qualifying pet owners and caretakers in the middle Tennessee area and 2. to provide and promote education for the humane care and treatment for all animals.
Moore County Friends of Animals - Moore County Tennessee does not have an county funded animal shelter. The Moore County Friends of Animals a local animal rescue.The reason for the limit participation level
- Lynchburg is a very small town with essentially one road in and out. So getting a big number of vehicles into town in the hour or two prior to the race is a challenge.
- Parking is incredibly limited in town
- So in order to make the race a pleasant experience for everyone we have to limit the size of the race.